HS200 installation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

HS200 installation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
HS200 installation
HS200 installation
2019-12-02 20:21:55
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am trying to install the HS 200 to a light switch that controls a power outlet.  The HS 200 has 2 black, 1 white (common) and 1 ground.  The plug has 1 black, 1 white and 1 ground.  The existing switch has both the black and the white connected to it.  Am I safe to think the black is the hot and the white is being used as the passthrough hot?  If so do I connect the HS 200 black to the black, the other HS black to the white, the HS white and ground both to the ground?

Options
1 Reply
Re:HS200 installation
2019-12-02 22:40:59

@Rconawa 

Before connecting anything we would recommend using a touchless volt meter to detect if a line has power on it or not.  for the HS200 you need to have a seperate line and load wire as well as a neutral.  The only wire that is optional is the ground.  If you do not have wiring that meets these requirements the HS200 cannot be used to replace that switch. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 888

Replies: 1

Related Articles