HS220 maximum brightness still on the dim side.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-18 23:42:50
Model: HS220  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I installed the HS220 to a dining room light that was on a dimmer switch before.  Now that I have the new HS220 installed, when I set to 100%, the output is at about 75% of the previous (dumb) dimmer.  

Is there someway to configure the amount of power that can go to the lights through the software?

The dimmer has black wire in the Line and white pigtailed to Load and neutral.  Oh, and the ground connected to the metal box.

Anyone else have this annoyance?

Options
2 Reply
Re:HS220 maximum brightness still on the dim side.
2019-12-20 00:40:43

@RoadKill 

Load and neutral wires should not be pigtailed together.  If they are i would recomend spiliting them an see if there is an improvement. 

Options
Re:HS220 maximum brightness still on the dim side.
2019-12-20 23:25:17
Hi Carl, Thanks for your suggestion. I tried splitting them up, but the only way to get the lights on is how I have it now. What I ended up doing was removing the device from the Kasa app and re-discovering the switch. It took me through the wizard where I was able to play with an adjustment (the slide and test buttons). Later I discovered that by double-tapping the device, I could get back to the configuration screens. The end result is that the light is brighter now, but not as bright as the dumb dimmer before it. I can live with this output and attribute it to just being a different switch. No humming or flickering as others have posted, so I'm a happy camper. Thanks again for your help. "RoadKill" John
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1259

Replies: 2