Firewall question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Firewall question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Firewall question
Firewall question
2020-01-26 18:23:36
Model: Archer C9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I want to be able to access my Linux desktop from my phone from outside my lan, which I'm actually doing without problem.  However, I get lots of attempts from hackers, who so far have never been able to get in, but I'd feel better if they could be blocked.

Ideally, I'd like to whitelist a device like my phone by MAC address.  I have a rule set up for that, but I don't see how to use it for what I want.  My first attempt simply blocked everything except my phone from using the internet, which is not desirable.  Is there a way to block incoming traffic from the WAN side, but not block outgoing? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Firewall question
2020-01-27 19:04:10

@Geezer 

Ideally you would need to Access Control IP or MAC based.  Remotely MAC will be your best bet.  

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! Get Started Here!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 418

Replies: 1

Related Articles