networks can not be seen from two acer laptops in the house

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-27 05:40:10 - last edited 2021-03-01 22:02:25
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.5 Build 20200109 rel.36848

I have 2 acer laptops which can not see either the 2.4 or 5.0 networks and thus only function via a cat5 cable.

I also have an epic sewing machine in the house which is unable to connect.

PC is out of warranty and thus no tech help.  tp-link says not our problem

I should point out that an older HP laptop is able to connect via the 2.4 network.

phones connect. 

i have gone through any options I can think of.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:networks can not be seen from two acer laptops in the house-Solution
2020-02-27 19:31:13 - last edited 2021-03-01 22:02:25

@Chiltecpin 

Your computers might not like AX wireless networks. 

Possible easist fix would be to change the Wi-Fi on the AX3000 to exclude AX.

Log into your router, and change the mode to b/g/n for the 2.4GHz, and then hit "Save". Now go to 5Ghz, change the mode to a/n/ac, and hit "Save" :

The root cause is likely the wireless drivers on your computers are out of date. So once you update those drivers then they should be able to connect to AX Wi-Fi routers and you can put the mode back to having AX.

Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:networks can not be seen from two acer laptops in the house
2020-02-27 18:15:45
On your PCs, delete the wireless network, power off PC and back on, and then add the wifi back.
Options
Re:networks can not be seen from two acer laptops in the house-Solution
2020-02-27 19:31:13 - last edited 2021-03-01 22:02:25

@Chiltecpin 

Your computers might not like AX wireless networks. 

Possible easist fix would be to change the Wi-Fi on the AX3000 to exclude AX.

Log into your router, and change the mode to b/g/n for the 2.4GHz, and then hit "Save". Now go to 5Ghz, change the mode to a/n/ac, and hit "Save" :

The root cause is likely the wireless drivers on your computers are out of date. So once you update those drivers then they should be able to connect to AX Wi-Fi routers and you can put the mode back to having AX.

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-02-27 19:46:35

@Tony 

I will give that a whirl

a dozen years ago I could configure racks of cisco and intel routers, switches etc even if i had to bail on an event...

not so now.

the laptop which does what I need has the latest drivers for what the hardware is but that may be an issue.  The fact than an older HP laptop which I only use on holidays is fine

I am assuming that this change which is logical needs to be done at low traffic time.  At the moment my wife is on green screen via vpn and I dare not shake that

IF this can be done on the fly so to speak, let me know.  I will watch the email.

Thanks

John

Options
2020-02-27 21:51:20

@Tony 

I tried on the 2.4 and it worked.

Many thanks

the following is what is in both acers  .... I have not found an updated driver from what I have.  If you have clues, I'd love to hear them

THe Tech support was completely useless. 

I looked for new ideas

You were the source and I am very thankful!

They had me run through what I had already done.

as a hypothetical. 

My wife has an "EPIC" embroidery machine.  The wifi is problematic at best relative to keying in password for network.  Do you know if this device will allow me to set the password to something easy like GOO for her to make the connection and then go into admin and put a pw in which has some meat.  Many years ago I had a few items which did not like when that was done.

Thanks again

John

Options
2020-02-28 13:13:38
Not the best idea.... You could set up a guest network for her and shut it off when not in use. You would be open during that time. Another option is to not to shut the device down and leave it signed on all the time. I do that with a laptop that has windows that is always hard to get restarted. As for a easy password for her to use, use some common string that is easy to remember.
Options
2020-11-28 15:22:40

@Tony Thanks for your advice, this fixed my issue on Acer,

Options
2021-03-01 15:20:24

@Tony Thank you! This fixed my issue with a new AX3000 router and an older HP EliteBook laptop that wasn't even seeing the WiFi Network when the ax mixed network was enabled.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1693

Replies: 7

Related Articles