WiFi button that works with Kasa?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-22 11:43:04
Model: HS105  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have two bedside lamps in my guest bedroom, each plugged into an HS105 smart plug on either side of the bed.  The plugs are located behind the nightstands, so manually operating the lamps via the plugs' on/off push buttons is not an option.  Nor is using the Kasa app on a smartphone (a guest wouldn't typically have the app installed on their phone), or using Alexa (not available in the guest bedroom).

What I'm looking for is a small wi-fi "button" that would sit on each nightstand and control its nearby lamp.  Simple on and off, maybe be able to control either/both lamps.

I know that TP-link makes no such device, but are there other manufacturers that do?  I'm familiar with Flic, but don't know if it would be compatible with my Kasa smart plugs and switches.  I'm also looking for something that doesn't require a hub.

I automated my homes with X-10 technology in the past, and was very used to having a large collection of wireless keyfobs, motion sensors  and other controllers to choose from to control my devices.  I'm disappointed to find so few choices to control my new WiFi smart plugs and switches.

Any advice or recommendations?

Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:WiFi button that works with Kasa?
2020-04-22 16:28:16

@Prl519 

You can use Alexa, Google Home, and SmartThings with your smart plugs so if there is a button that works with those, you can look to make a trigger and action. I know with Alexa you can create a routine where you press the Alexa button device it can control a smart device to do something.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 7224

Replies: 1

Related Articles