HS200 & HS210 switches flash on then off.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-17 17:12:05
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.1.3

Having an issue with my 4 Kasa switches. (2-HS200 & 2-HS210) All of them flash on then off by themselves with no input. It happens 2-3 times a day. All the switches function properly. Just trying to figure out what is causing them to flash on then off. I removed all of them from Google Assistant, and IFTT,so they are only controlled physically, or through the Kasa app. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Options
8 Reply
Re:HS200 & HS210 switches flash on then off.
2020-06-18 21:55:51

@GrossEman 

Do they ever show as being offline, mainly when the flashing starts?

Have they always done that or did anything change recently?

To clarify the lights they control flash or the switch icons flash?

Options
2020-06-20 17:53:33

@GrossEman  One of the HS200 switches lost connection, and after manually turing it on and back off, a couple of seconds later it flashed on and back off. I replaced it, and the issue went away, for a day. Now back to the same issue. All the switches flash on then off if they are off, if they are on, they flash off, then back on, and all the switches show the wifi symbol.

I know all the switches are wired properly.  What else could be causing this issue?

Thank you,

Tim

GrossEman wrote

Having an issue with my 4 Kasa switches. (2-HS200 & 2-HS210) All of them flash on then off by themselves with no input. It happens 2-3 times a day. All the switches function properly. Just trying to figure out what is causing them to flash on then off. I removed all of them from Google Assistant, and IFTT,so they are only controlled physically, or through the Kasa app. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Options
2020-06-20 18:01:26

@Tony The lights that the switches and the outlets control, flash on then off if the contacts are open. They flash off, then on if the contacts are closed. The only switch that showed being offline, was the one I replaced. When this happens all the connected wifi symbol shows on all the switches. This happens to all of them, regardless of them being wired to different circuit breakes.

Tony wrote

@GrossEman 

Do they ever show as being offline, mainly when the flashing starts?

Have they always done that or did anything change recently?

To clarify the lights they control flash or the switch icons flash?

Options
2020-06-22 18:23:02

@GrossEman 

The HS200 supports single pole single throw outlets, and if they are wired to a single pole double throw that could cause the switch to constantly reboot.

Other causes can be misidentifying the neutral wire.

Options
2020-06-23 21:23:39

@Tony Thank you for your reply.  I don't have any HS200 switches wired to any 3-way outlets. These are 2 HS200 side by side, one for the kitchen light, the other for the dinning room light. There are no other switches in the house that control these lights. I did notice the one I had wired for the kitchen light, there was a dim light just above the lighted circle on the switch, possible the last bar of the wifi symbol, which I didn't see on any other switches. So I changed that one out with a new one, and I will wait and see if the issue goings away, or returns. Has there been any reported issues with two HS200 switches insalled in the same gang box? Here is a picture of the two switches wired side by side.

Options
2020-06-23 23:37:13

@GrossEman Well, replacing that switch didn't fix the issue. All the lights with HS200, and HS210 switches turn on then off if they were off, and turned off then on, if they were on.

After that, all the switches showed the wifi symbol for 30 seconds, and then returned to a normal state. Really confused as to what might be causing this. Would a loss of wifi signal causing the lights to cycle? I don't believe that its a hardware (device) issue, or a wiring issue, as all the switches are doing this at the same time. 

Options
2020-06-30 18:34:37

@GrossEman Update, It seems to only happen when one or more of the lights are on. When is does happen, all the switches show the wifi symbol, then return to normal. What ever is causing this, it's something they all have in common, .ie, wifi, kasa app,ect.  I will continue to troubleshoot, but if anyone has any ideas, I would greatly appriciate any suggestions.

Thank you,

Tim

Options
2021-01-19 19:19:57

@GrossEman I'm having the same exact issue. for me it's happening with HS200 and HS210 switches.

It started with just the HS210 for a month (turning ON randomly then right back OFF a few times a day), but in a room I didn't use so no big deal.

today it started happening with HS200 in my office (here it's the opposite, turning OFF randomly and coming right back ON). each time the wifi light on the switch flickers a couple times then goes away. 

did you ever figure out what is causing it?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1830

Replies: 8

Related Articles