TP-Link Password shows on Win10 password page

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-20 13:52:33 - last edited 2020-07-21 18:50:10
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.11 Build 20190810 rel. 50990 (5553)

When I boot up my Dell Inspiron Laptop 5570, then when I ckick to go to the LT password page, above the LT password blank box, the Router's password appears in large bold numerical characters?  How can I remove the router password?  Thanks.

Options
5 Reply
Re:TP-Link Password shows on Win10 password page
2020-07-20 16:16:55

@RamonaJ 

Don't know which Browser you are using, but it is possibly filling in the page for you. FireFox for one will do that if you set it in Options to remember the data. If so, you can remove that from the Options for Passwords. Other Browsers could be doing it as well.

Options
2020-07-21 18:47:05 - last edited 2020-07-21 18:47:48

@IrvSp 

Thanks so much for the help,  If I remove saving the password data won't that stop Firefox from remembering all future passwords?

Options
2020-07-21 20:39:11

RamonaJ wrote

@IrvSp 

Thanks so much for the help,  If I remove saving the password data won't that stop Firefox from remembering all future passwords?

@RamonaJ 

Yes, I think it is all or none. I use another Password manager. In that case, FF knows this, and it will not save anything. However, I do have the option presented by my Password Manager to NOT save the website credentials. I can edit what it saves to be USERID only, and then when I go to the site, that would be filled in. Still, once I add the Password I'll be asked by the manager if I want to save it, which I would decline or make a 2nd one that could be used, but I'll forever be asked if I want to save it... I've found no way around this, short of writing a script edit what was saved.

If you find a better way, let me know...

Options
2020-07-21 23:07:35

@IrvSp 

Thanks again for the advice!  If I find a way around this, I will definitely post it...

Options
2020-07-22 11:10:17
I also use a third party password manager Dashlane and have used LastPass in the past. Both work fine as each has their own quirks and I think they are more secure than the browser based ones. Also they can be used with different browsers. Most times I use Firefox, but do use Chrome and Safari from time to time.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 554

Replies: 5

Related Articles