Smart Actions Stopped working mid August

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-24 15:02:15 - last edited 2020-08-24 15:03:42
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.7

I was happy to stumble onto smart actions a while back. I have a light switch (HS200) in a bedroom hardwired to overhead light. Works great. I have a bedside lamp plugged into an HS103 plug. That works fine. For the last month or 2 I used the light switch to turn on the plug via a Smart Action. That worked great for a month or so, then suddenly stopped mid august. I have deleted and resinstalled devices and actions multiple times, cycled power, rebooted, clicked my heels, nothing works.

Both devices work perfectly on their own, via wifi etc. but I cannot trigger the plug from the switch, even though it used toi work fine. what hppened? Do I need to open a port?

Thanks

Options
5 Reply
Re:Smart Actions Stopped working mid August
2020-08-24 19:04:57

@sk3ptic 

Have you checked for firmware updates for both devices and is the Kasa App up to date?  

Options
2020-08-24 22:33:41 - last edited 2020-08-25 20:23:54

@Carl 

yes. Firmware is up to date

also scenes that use both devices work fine. Clearly the plug and the switch can receive signals to turn on. The switch can't seem to trigger a remote action. 

I have 3 switches and multiple plugs. I have tried smart actions to and from multiple devices. Now if them work. 

Options
2020-08-25 17:58:11

@sk3ptic 

and just to confrim you are in the US correct?

Options
2020-08-25 20:22:55

@Carl 

yes

Carl wrote

@sk3ptic 

and just to confrim you are in the US correct?

Options
2020-08-26 00:58:27

@sk3ptic 

Okay great just needed to make sure.  Some areas haven't launched Smart Actions yet so i wanted to make sure that was not part of the issue.  We will need to get more personal infromation so we can escalate this to our engineers.  Please email us at ussupportteam@tp-link.com and include a link to this thread.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 734

Replies: 5

Related Articles