Google home can't turn lights on or off KL 430 strips

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-28 18:32:45

I just bought and installed two of these KL430 LED strips and they work fine.  The app works to control them as expected.  I connected my Kasa account to google home, which was successful.  I can see the two devices in the google home app and their status.  The problem is that I can't turn them on or off using the app or by voice.  No errors or feedback.  Google home shows the light toggle, and the voice command gives the success feedback chime.  It just doesn't work.  When I refresh the status in the app, it will update to the actual state again.  What is extra weird is that I CAN control brightness in both the Home app and via voice.  What's going on here?  Both strips updated to the latest firmware when I installed them yesterday.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Google home can't turn lights on or off KL 430 strips
2020-09-29 20:50:06

@DamianS 

We do have some potential recommendations:

1.    Google Home device and Kasa Smart device should be on the same WiFi
2.    Google Home device and Kasa Smart device should be in the same home in the Google Home app
3.    Make sure the Google Home is updated in the app store.

4.    If there are multiple accounts in google home app for device setups, this can sometimes cause incorrect behavior.

It would be also recommended to follow up with Google support. They have mentioned seeing the issue on their end as well and were looking into it.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 813

Replies: 1

Related Articles