HS200 smart switch not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-06 01:41:07
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I purchase a 3 pack single pole Kasa smart switch on Amazon and hired a licensed electrician to install the 3 switches.  The other 2 works as expected, except for 1 switch, which is connected to wifi and set schedule, but the 2 outside lights that originally connected to this switch will not turn on.  When I hit the on/off on my iphone, the lights make a respond noise, but no lights come on.  Before this, these 2 lights were on a dumb switch and were working fine.

Please help.  This was installed by a licensed electrician.

Options
3 Reply
Re:HS200 smart switch not working
2020-10-06 17:56:09

@chrissy0874 

Hi Chrissy,  Where this switch was installed does it have seperate live and load wires?  Some home wiring will only have 1 wire for both.  For the HS200 to work these need to be seperate.  Because some homes only have 1 wire for both electricans may not know that two are needed and it was instead installed with both live and load wires going to a single one in the wall.  Also the netural wire is required as well.   

Options
2020-10-06 17:59:32

@Carl 

Hi Carl,

Thanks for responding.  I will show the electrician your email, and hopefully he will understand what needs to be done.  He is coming back tomorrow to figure out why the switch is not turning on the 2 lights.

Options
2020-10-06 18:06:09

@chrissy0874 

Of course to simplfy it:

The HS200's Live and Load wires need to be wired to seperate house wires.  A neutral wire is required. 

Options