Decco M5 no internet with Verzion LTE router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-28 14:39:02
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 200924

I have a Verzion 4G LTE wifi router,..    I have connected the M5 to it and setup the Deco network,..   the Deco app shows that all is well and that there is an internet connection, however one of the 2 devices is not letting any internet traffic through on the M5,...    Deco app  internet speed test errors out,..  any device connected to the Deco is unable to access the internet,  etc....   Is the M5 not compatable with this type of router?    it is a Verzion ASK-RTL108  4G LTE  v3.

Thanks for the help.    Hope it's just a unique configuration that needs to be addressed and not incompatibility..

Options
6 Reply
Re:Decco M5 no internet with Verzion LTE router
2020-10-29 22:51:45

@jslateiv 

The Deco by default will automatically try to get an IP and internet, similar to connecting a computer to it. If you already have the Deco setup, try to switch it to Access Point Mode in the advanced settings. 

Options
2020-10-30 01:57:15
I did that and it’s not work for me. I’m having the same problem. He will not recognize the original Internet/Wi-Fi network
~Nancy
Options
2020-11-05 19:44:58

@jslateiv 

You much have one Deco wired to the router. They all can not work only off of Wi-Fi.

Here is also a FAQ that gives steps to try as well: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2239/

Options
2020-11-05 19:49:26

@Tony   yes,  I know.  That is how it is configured.   Interesting,  if I place another router inbetween the main modem/router,  then the Deco works as expected.   For some reason the Deco does not want to allow Internet communication/translation through when connected directly to the main modem/router..  same problem exists even whenthe Deco is set as AP instead of Router..

Options
2021-04-18 12:53:30

@jslateiv 

I am having this exact same issue. I just got the Verizon LTE router and have a deco m5 mesh network.  Any device that connects wirelessly to the mesh will not get internet even though all lights are green. Any hard wired device connected through the mesh does get internet. I have tried access point and router modes. I have tried speaking with Verizon as well and have hit dead ends. Has a resolution been found for this?

Options
2021-08-27 22:34:28

@Njf2570 

I found a simple solution on reddit that solved the problem for me.

Step by Step:

1. log in to Verizon LTE box using browser address bar; 192.168.1.1 and password on underside of Verizon box

2. click on Network

3. then LAN

4. now in LAN Settings under the Basic heading, change IP address to 192.168.10.1

5. click Save at bottom of screen and wait for green light to stabilize on front of Verizon box.

Done!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1360

Replies: 6

Related Articles