Votes

Is the Kasa app ever going to sort the list of Scenes???

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-01 03:38:17 - last edited 2022-09-27 23:46:00
Model: Kasa  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 2.27.0

You sort the list of devices; why not sort the list of Scenes???

I currently have 14 Scenes, & it would really be helpful if they were in some sort of predictable order.  They're not even in order by date/time of creation.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Is the Kasa app ever going to sort the list of Scenes???-Solution
2022-09-27 23:39:40 - last edited 2022-09-27 23:46:00

@DeanGibson @BigDaddyMac @Human4014 

The official update to the Kasa Application is now starting to roll out to users. This new application features countless new features that the team is still discovering. More importantly, the update comes with a large increase in smart actions; none of our team members were able to hit the limit, so you should now have plenty of room for automations.

The app update also includes a button at the top of the new list of scenes that will allow you to manually change the order of the scenes

Find out more in the newly posted Featured Story Here: https://community.tp-link.com/us/smart-home/stories/detail/501836

Recommended Solution
Options
9 Reply
Re:Is the Kasa app ever going to sort the list of Scenes???
2020-12-01 18:35:34 - last edited 2022-09-27 23:37:13

@DeanGibson 

We will add it to our feature request form

Options
2020-12-01 20:59:43 - last edited 2022-09-27 23:37:15

@Carl Thanks!  I should have suggested this last year, so it would be done by now. :)

Options
2020-12-01 23:08:22 - last edited 2021-11-17 06:21:18

@DeanGibson 

Ha Ha! to be honest not likely.  It would likely be a low priority request, not saying that they would not have got to it but for example we have been waiting for about a year for the Smart Action feature to be expanded.  The likely hood of this going before something like that would be low.  But If i do hear anything on the request i'd be happy to let you know. 

Options
2021-10-30 15:53:47 - last edited 2021-11-17 06:21:18

@Carl 

DeanGibson wrote

@Carl Thanks!  I should have suggested this last year, so it would be done by now. :)

Well, it's been another year, & I now have 20 routines.  The fact that they are not sorted, is really annoying, & speaks to an incomplete implementation (you do sort the list of devices elsewhere, so your programmers do know how to do this).

I would have more than 20 routines, except for the fact that Google Home only sees the first 20 (another example of an incomplete implementation) when I try to use them in Google Home.  Yes, I reported that silly limitation to Google over a year ago as well.  No action.  In Google's case, I'm sure such a change doesn't increase the value of their stock options, so why would they bother.

Both are examples of a rush to get something out the door, rather than a complete implementation.  I speak on this as a retired software/firmware developer for almost 60 years.

Options
2021-11-18 00:10:04

@DeanGibson 

Hello Dean,

As you can imagie such a request would and is very low in priority.  How the scenes are sorted visually is not as important as other more crucial events and actions that are needed within the product line.  We did add it to the list as promised but at that point it is really out of the hands of support and in the hands of the development team.  They determine which requests are addressed and what the priortiy is applied to those request.  We will send it up once more but I cannot speak as to if or when it will be addressed.

Options
2022-01-03 02:33:47

@Carl I agree with Mr. Gibson on this one.  Allowing the user to sort scenes so they are displayed in a logical pattern Gould improve the functionality and convenience of the Kasa app.  Adding this functionality is not technologically difficult, so why not prioritize this request?

Options
2022-01-04 16:47:13

@BigDaddyMac 

It has been provided to the team but request priorities are determined by the engineering team.  A lot of the time something that seems simple to you our I may actually be more involved then we understand.  Just keep an eye on the release notes for the Kasa app updates.  These take place once a month. 

Options
2022-05-13 14:14:35 - last edited 2022-05-13 14:17:27

@DeanGibson 

​​​​​​​+1 for a sort scenes feature, whether it be alphabetically or by creation date. Currently, it seems to sort by number of uses of the scene, which means that the order is constantly changing. I have 24 scenes, which results in several seconds to find what I'm looking for each time--adds up.

Since the scenes are sorted by number of uses (metadata), it seems logical that the sort order could be changed to alphabetical (even simpler metadata?) or creation date (presumably similar metadata as number of uses).

I appreciate the responses from the support team, thank you. It would be interesting to hear the details of why this isn't as simple as it would seem.

Options
Re:Is the Kasa app ever going to sort the list of Scenes???-Solution
2022-09-27 23:39:40 - last edited 2022-09-27 23:46:00

@DeanGibson @BigDaddyMac @Human4014 

The official update to the Kasa Application is now starting to roll out to users. This new application features countless new features that the team is still discovering. More importantly, the update comes with a large increase in smart actions; none of our team members were able to hit the limit, so you should now have plenty of room for automations.

The app update also includes a button at the top of the new list of scenes that will allow you to manually change the order of the scenes

Find out more in the newly posted Featured Story Here: https://community.tp-link.com/us/smart-home/stories/detail/501836

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1320

Replies: 9

Voters 2