Short Circuit (Sparks) resulting to switch not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-21 15:52:14
Model: HS210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hey, 

I was trying to install a three way in my house and the traveller screw on the kasa switch accidentally touched the box and resulted to a spark. Turned the power off and inspected the box. Nothing serious happened but when I put the switch in properly and power everything back on, now the switch won't do anything. Lights come on, wifi is trying to connect, but the lights themselves do not change. 

Any idea what happened? Did I Fry the switch? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Short Circuit (Sparks) resulting to switch not working
2020-12-29 18:52:03

@Shahrukh_Iqbal 

That would have been a surge so its possible.  Was the ground wire connected?  I would also hold the reset button for 30 seconds and see if the wifi indicator on the switch starts blinking amber and green. If that does not work you can contact kasa.support@tp-link.com for a possible RMA although if it was power surge damage it would not be covered under the limited warranty. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1732

Replies: 1