Faint glow from light when switch is off on HS220

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-21 18:54:04
Model: HS220  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.11

Hoping someone here can help me because so far TP link support hasn't been able too. 

I have a HS220 dimmer switch that appears to be working correctly with the phillips 8w LEDs I have. It goes on/off min and max dim with no issues. However, when I turn off the switch there is a slight glow coming from the LED light. This dimmer controls 2 LED lights and you can see the faint glow on one of the lights. :(

The way I installed this is not typical because the circuit actually goes to the light 1st then to the TP switch, so at the switch I have a 14/2. I have the black going to the hot screw and the white wire going to the load. Luckly this switch is installed on a 2 GANG box that also has a fan switch. The fan is using a 14/3 wire and one of the wires is no longer being used by the fan. This was the wire that controlled the fan light. So I took this wire and connected it to the neutrals at the fan box in the ceiling and then connected the other side of this wire to to the TP HS220 on the neutral pigtail. Again, all appears to be working but when the switch is completely off, you can see a glow coming from the LED light. 

The other issue I have is when I install other dimmable LED lights, they dont work correctly, some dont come on at all, or just flicker and the switch reboots. I got some LEDs to come on and dim but if you turn it up to max light, even after calibration, the lights go off and the HS2200 reboots. 

Im not sure if the switch is back or if its my unconventional wiring. 

Any help with this would really be appreciated. 

Paul 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Faint glow from light when switch is off on HS220
2020-12-29 19:00:53

@daPA 

It honestly may be the wiring.  If the switch isn't wired as specified on the app instructions it may not work properly.  If you can provide a diagram of the wiring we can send it to the design team to see if they have any suggestions. 

Options
Re:Faint glow from light when switch is off on HS220
2021-11-10 06:20:15
I suspect you're out of luck because of the constant potential going into the fixture rather than power to it truly being cut. LED fixtures are more complex than old incandescent ones. If you're lucky, maybe it's that the dimmer was not (correctly) calibrated. Did you calibrate the dimmer? If not do so. If so, try again. You might also try testing with a different fixture.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1385

Replies: 2

Related Articles