Kasa KL50 dimmable filament LED bulbs with HS220 dimmer switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-28 13:26:29
Model: HS220  
Hardware Version: V8
Firmware Version:

I have a ceiling fixture with 5 Kasa KL50 bulbs that I absolutely can not stand anymore. They make an awful high-pitched buzzing/screeching sound that I've been trying, unsuccessfully, to ignore for the last month.

I figured the HS220 and some regular AmazonBasics bulbs would be better. Got the switch today but the light bulbs won't get here until the 3rd so I figured I'd try it with the Kasa bulbs first.

Now my bedroom looks like a Slovenian dance club. Unless the brightness is over ~80%, all the bulbs flash like a strobe light. I can't find any information on using the two products together (which seems like a tragic oversight on TPLink part) and I'm about to lose my patience.

Thank you!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Kasa KL50 dimmable filament LED bulbs with HS220 dimmer switch
2020-12-29 19:56:49

@Reyka3 

The Smart bulbs should not be used with a dimmer.  That are not a compatible type of dimming bulb as they use software to dim.  The fixture you are using with the bulbs is there also a Fan attached?  If so the buzzing is due to electical noise from the fan motor.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 963

Replies: 1