smart plug with dimming option for lamps

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-11 17:01:04 - last edited 2021-01-20 23:00:06

It would be great for TP-Link to come out with a smart plug with dimming options for plug-in lamps. I exclusively use TP-Link smart plugs for all of the lamps in my house and having this feature would be great for some areas (e.g. Living room lamps). There aren't a lot of good options out there for wifi dimmable smart plugs and I am sure that TP-Link would make a competitive product which could function well. Also, many LED light bulbs are dimmable at this point.

And in response to this thread (https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/175022), I do not think having a smart plug is a "niche" market at this point. There are some major players who make this type of product at this point, including but not limited to Lutron Caseta, GE, Honeywell, Legrand, Insteon, and any number of cheap chinese knock-offs on Amazon. If certain products like Lutron didn't require me to buy a hub to function with smart home assistants and I had more of their products installed in my household, I would probably just end up buying their options.

Options
5 Reply
Re:smart plug with dimming option for lamps
2021-01-12 17:06:56 - last edited 2021-01-20 23:00:06

@jkbenzene 

Thank you for your feedback.

I will be sure to forward this over to our devs for consideration.

Options
2021-04-22 05:00:03

@jkbenzene  One of the valuable services provided by you I am  really impressed by your service best tantrik in ghaziabad

Options
2021-04-24 11:16:40

@jkbenzene Seriously I can't believe that It can be possible , hitched for sometime after reading this article . free voodoo spells to breakup a couple

Options
2021-05-28 06:42:47 - last edited 2021-07-03 05:36:18

break up a friendship spell If you’re looking for a smart plug that will allow you to conveniently dim your lights from your phone or smart home system, make sure to choose one that’s compatible with the interface you plan on using.

Options
2021-06-24 03:49:04

@Siara_Macloud This is not a new concept.  Smart Home devices have been around since at least the 1980's with the X10 system which is still around.  They have smart plugs that are designed for lamps and can be dimmed.  Unfortunately the basic X10 system has not kept up with modern bulbs and these do not work well with LED bulbs.  I find the tp-link syhstem more reliable than the X10 system, but there are a lot of possible functions that tp-link isn't providing that the X10 has had for years.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1168

Replies: 5