5 of 11 Kasa Devices Stopped Working on Same Day (switches & plugs)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-01 15:18:29

Hello - I have multiple Kasa devices that stopped working all on the same day (5 of 11 total devices in my home). 2 Kasa Smart Plugs and 3 Kasa Smart Light Switches. I purchased the Smart Plugs and Switches all in October of 2020.

Scenario - Of the 11 devices in my home, 5 stopped working on the same day. This is a mixture of 3 Smart Light Switches and 2 Smart Plugs. They are not responsive through either the Kasa dedicated app, or via Alexa home automation. All of these devices were purchased within a 2 week span in October of 2020. The remaining devices in my home that continue to work properly are 4 older Kasa smart plugs, and 2 of the newer Smart Light Switches. The light switches show a red status indicator light, as do the smart plugs. All are well within WiFi range.

I'm not sure how to proceed, and would tremendously appreciate any advice that can be given.

Options
4 Reply
Re:5 of 11 Kasa Devices Stopped Working on Same Day (switches & plugs)
2021-02-02 22:09:18

@PACaster 

Move some of the devices over to the guest network of your router. If one fails that could happen, but for multiple units, I wonder if the router may be getting too crowded for the 2.4G on the main network. If the devices work on the guest network you can leave them there as your Kasa app will automatically control them "remotely" so how you use them does not change.

Options
2021-04-04 21:52:25

@PACaster I had something very similar happen recently. I have 7 smart switches and they all stopped working on the same day. Red light and unable to find my router. 

What ended working for me was deleting all devices from the app. Restarting/resetting the devices and reconnecting them as if they were new devices. 

Options
2022-01-13 04:02:21

Do any of you happen to have a Pura Wifi Air freshner? Something similar has happened to me and I've narrowed it down to the switches go red when it's connected to the network.

Options
2022-01-13 04:11:58

@StrangeFlavor 

Nope, don't have one. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 750

Replies: 4