Sharing devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Sharing devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Sharing devices
Sharing devices
2021-02-25 16:00:26

I was totally shocked to find that there is no way to provide managed access to devices by creating a separate TP-link cloud account and inviting that account to link to mine for operating the devices. This is such a basic feature that the reasoning for it's omission is unfathomable. 

Kasa really needs to have the ability to share devices with other users like every other smart home app I have used, including those for cheap generic devices sold on Amazon. My understanding is that the only way to give someone else access to operate my Kasa devices, I have to bind the Kasa app on their smartphone to my TP-Link account. This is extremely insecure and unsuitable for sharing with children, guests, etc. This is available for Tapo devices. https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2613/  which makes this oversight particularly galling.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Sharing devices
2021-05-14 10:28:29

I am sure if you may have other avenues such as Sharing devices  or Smart Things to potentially test to further narrow down the issue. how to get love back

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 573

Replies: 1

Related Articles