Sharing app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Sharing app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Sharing app
Sharing app
2023-03-10 01:57:08

My wife and I use the Kasa app ver 3.2.0 installed on each of our phones. How can we share this app with people who visit for a couple of days. I would like to be able to share the app with them so they can control the lights in the rooms they stay in. I didn't see a way to easily give them temporary access and had to install the app on their phone and use my login credentials.

What is the best way to handle temporary access for others?

Thanks,

Jerry

Options
3 Reply
Re:Sharing app
2023-05-25 20:52:54

@JerryInTellico I've been trying to figure out how to add my wife so she can access the environment I've already set up.  Does she have to download the APP and use my login credentials? Or, does she set up her own account and then when she populates the address, will it give her the option to use my settings?

JerryInTellico wrote

My wife and I use the Kasa app ver 3.2.0 installed on each of our phones. How can we share this app with people who visit for a couple of days. I would like to be able to share the app with them so they can control the lights in the rooms they stay in. I didn't see a way to easily give them temporary access and had to install the app on their phone and use my login credentials.

What is the best way to handle temporary access for others?

Thanks,

Jerry

Options
2023-05-26 12:37:20

@JerryInTellico 

Hi,

The Kasa app does not support the feature to give temporary access to the phones logged in with the owner account. In this usage scenario, if you have an Amazon Echo device(such as an Echo Dot), you can set up the Kasa smart lights to work with the Echo device and turn on/off the smart lights by voice command.
How to make my TP-Link Kasa Device work with Amazon Alexa?
How to control Smart Devices by Amazon Echo with voice commands?

@danreilly39 

Your wife can download the Kasa app and then log in with your account, and then she can control all your smart devices. 

Best Regards

Options
2023-05-26 16:03:35

@danreilly39 My wife has the app installed and logs in using my credentials. She then has a copy of what I have so any devices I show or any Smart Actions I have setup are shown in her app.This works perfectly well.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 356

Replies: 3

Related Articles