2 and 3 gang switch covers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-09 17:38:39

I have just started installing 25 Kasa smart switches (HS200,210,220) throughout my house and immediately ran into an issue. Eight of the locations (with a mix of smart and dumb switches in same box) will involve replacing and installing multiple switches in a 2 and 3 gang box. I bought new Leviton 2 and 3 gang switch covers to handle these and I just assumed they would fit. However, they don't come even close when I have multiple Kasa switches in one box and I cannot find a solution other than using the covers that come with the Kasa switch which means 2 or 3 individual switch covers in one outlet (not sure even that will fit though). Using smart switches in multiple gang outlets have to be pretty common so what is the solution? From a cosmetic and appearance POV having them show as individual switches is just not acceptable and I will need to send them all back. Any suggestions are GREATLY appreciated> 

Options
4 Reply
Re:2 and 3 gang switch covers
2021-04-10 01:07:58 - last edited 2021-04-10 01:15:26

@Senior_Vagabond Can you explain further what is not fitting? 
Perhaps you can add some images that show your switches installed in the switch-box and your Leviton Adapter and Outer Cover and indicate what the fitment issue is with those particular wall plates 

FYI - this thread - https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/201588?page=1 - shows some solutions that others have successfully used. 

(You definitely CANNOT use multiple single covers in 2 or 3-gang box) 

Please note that I do not work for, or have any affiliation with, Kasa TP Link. I am simply an enthusiast who likes helping if I can.
Options
2021-04-10 12:42:26

@Bethel.8009 

Thanks for the link. I will give the switch covers referenced a try. My other dilemma is that I do not want to use snap on covers and need to attach a screw-on plate to keep the same look through out the house (without having to change covers on 50 to 60 switches). Hopefully there is a cover that will screw on and set flush with these Kasa switches. Plan to install the first one today.

Options
2021-04-10 19:53:50 - last edited 2021-04-10 19:57:07

@Senior_Vagabond You shouldn't have any issues at all with screw on covers 
Here's one of mine, a 3-gang with a Dimmer and 3-way Kasa plus a regular non-smart switch 

Left to Right HS220 Dimmer, Dumb, HS210 3-way 

Please note that I do not work for, or have any affiliation with, Kasa TP Link. I am simply an enthusiast who likes helping if I can.
Options
2021-04-12 23:12:08

@Bethel.8009 

Thanks so much. Using the Decora screw covers and so far all well. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2768

Replies: 4