Open Ports for Assetto Corsa Dedicated Server using DMZ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-15 00:09:31
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1

Hi Folks,

I'm looking to use one of my older PCs on my network as a dedicated gaming server occasionally for the PC game Assetto Corsa using their server software. However, in order to do so I need to use UDP Port 9600; TCP Port 9600 and HTTP Port 8081. I was able to open these ports in the Windows 10 Avast Firewall software. How do I open these 3 ports in the AX6000 Router Setup program? Is the easiest thing for me to do is just when I'm going to use the old PC as a dedicated gaming server in the TP Archer software got to Advanced > NAT Forwarding > DMZ, turn on DMZ and enter the Ethernet IPv4 Address as identified in Windows 10 of this PC and then after use turn the DMZ back off? There is little to no documentation on this feature anywhere. Please let me know your thoughts on this. Thanks in advance for any and all help provided.

Cheers!

Roger

Options
6 Reply
Re:Open Ports for Assetto Corsa Dedicated Server using DMZ?
2021-05-16 12:38:02

@FriendOfJah These forums here are absolutely useless. No input whatsoever from any TP-Link technical support staff on any of my posts. They make a great product (5 stars), but their level of support here just plain sucks (0 stars). Pathetic! angryno

Options
2021-05-16 14:24:49

@FriendOfJah 

Roger, you are a little off base here....

FriendOfJah wrote

@FriendOfJah These forums here are absolutely useless. No input whatsoever from any TP-Link technical support staff on any of my posts. They make a great product (5 stars), but their level of support here just plain sucks (0 stars). Pathetic! angryno

For two reasons:

• This is basically a USER to USER forum, and there are TP-Link Moderator's here to assist as well. They are NOT 'support personnel' per se.
  • This is a US based forum, those moderators are in here during normal business hours, Monday to Friday. One may drop in here on weekend, but it rarely seems to happen.

As for your question, DMZ puts the device on the Internet, the WAN, with no restrictions to ports, and that is why it probably works. You (and anyone else) can access it using your WAN IP address. If you want to use it INTERNALLY on your LAN only, then you might need to play with the UPnP or Port Triggering settings.

Might want to check some GAME FORUMS as well, as I'm sure others have done this or tried too. I'm not a Gamer so I can help on this.

By the way, you did get an answer on your FIOS question from a moderator on 2020-11-17 20:56:28.

Options
2021-05-16 14:27:37

@FriendOfJah 

Roger I suggest you Google "Open Ports for Assetto Corsa Dedicated Server", a lot of hits...

Like :

https://portforward.com/assetto-corsa/

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/step-by-step-dedicated-server-setup-for-multiplayer.9584/

Probably a better way to get the info you need.

Options
2021-05-16 23:20:50

@IrvSp Thanks for the reply. I guess the next time I have a technical support question, I'll put in a help ticket with tp-link.

Options
2021-05-17 00:28:46

@FriendOfJah The DMZ feature doesn't appear to be working properly on my router. I just submitted the following Help Ticket to tp-link:

I'm trying to use the DMZ feature on one of my PC's connected to the AX6000 via an Ethernet cable as a dedicated gaming server. I have this PC's IP address (using ipconfig/all). I go into the AX6000 Router Software and go to Advanced > NAT Forwarding > DMZ. Per the ? Help instructions I click on the Enable DMZ, enter the PC's IPv4 Address in the DMZ Host IP Address and then clicked on Save. It then exits it me from the Router Software. When I log back in, and go to Advanced > NAT Forwarding > DMZ, the DMZ box is unchecked and then Host IP Address Box is blank. Why isn't this saving the information and enabling DMZ for this PC? Please advise, thanks.

Here's hoping I get a reply with a working solution...frown

Options
2021-05-17 16:00:49
I just tried this on my Archer A20, no problems... SAVE did NOT cause my browser to close? In Windows, check the Event Viewer for an error. Could be Browser caused? If so, clear the Browser cache, or use a different one.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3046

Replies: 6

Related Articles