New TP-Link Archer AX11000 Owner Questions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-28 02:59:10
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20200716 rel.84595(5553)

New Archer AX11000 User here.  Just picked one up because my other AX11000 (different brand) had issues staying connected.

Just a few questions:

I noticed MU-MIMO is off by default on both 5ghz broadcast, should this be on?

Anyway to set a login username or is it just the password?

Should IP & MAC Binding be turned on, it defaulted to off.

Anything else I should know or set to get the best performance from this router?  

Options
1 Reply
Re:New TP-Link Archer AX11000 Owner Questions
2021-06-03 13:19:41

@Instegone 

First off let me say I do not have an AX110000.

Settings for a router will vary based on the network design and devices attached to it.

What works for me may not work for you.

Some points I use and have seen from others:

• Do not use Smart Connect so you have more control over the network.
  • Use QoS only if needed and if you do, do not make all top priority
  • In most cases, use a feature only if it is needed.
  • If all of your devices do not support a feature, you do not ned to use it.
  • Use default and auto settings unless specific settings are needed
  • You are only as fast as your slowest link. A Cat 5 cable will limit you to 100 as can the network driver in your PC. 
  • Setup and use IPv6
  • Use quality Ethernet cables Cat 5E or better. If getting new ones get Cat 6 or better.
  • Be sure your modem has many up and down channels as that has an overall speed effect.
  • Use Ethernet connections over WIFI when possible
  • Keep your network simple in design. The more parts, the more issues you will encounter.
  • Router placement matters. Central location, higher tends to be better, keep it in the open so it does not overheat,...
  • In most cases, keep the firmware up to date
  • Use the highest WIFI security your devices support.
  • Do not hide the SSID as it does not increase your security but can hinder connection to devices.
  • When making changes to the router, make backups so you can always return to a known point. Power cycle/restart the router after a change as some changes happen only after a power cycle or restart. Make only one or very few changes and test so you know the full effects of the change. I like to back up, make my change, restart or power cycle the router, and use it long enough to ensure all is okay depending on the change, sometimes for days.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 959

Replies: 1

Related Articles