HS220 Approved Bulbs?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

HS220 Approved Bulbs?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
HS220 Approved Bulbs?
HS220 Approved Bulbs?
2021-06-03 16:23:28
Model: HS220  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.5

I recently installed an HS220 on a switch that controls four bulbs in a fan light. The bulbs that were in the light were LEDs (some generic version) and they did not dim at all. I bought incandescent bulbs and they dimmed, but when I tried to make them full brightness they went out (like there's too much current going through them or something). I put the LED bulbs back in and left one incandescent and the dimmer switch works fine. So the LEDs are dimmable, but apparently they only dim when there's an incandescent in the system. This isn't helpful because it gives the room strange lighting due to one incandescent and three LED bulbs.

Is there a specific brand, wattage, or preferred type of LED light that I can use with this switch? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:HS220 Approved Bulbs?
2021-06-09 20:54:04

@Squelch 

Dimmers can be divided into the following categories: Incandescent/Halogen, Magnetic Low-voltage (MLV), Electronic Low-voltage (ELV), Neon/Cold Cathode (Magnetic Ballast), Fluorescent (Electronic Fluorescent Dimming Ballast), and Light Emitting Diode (LED) (Electronic LED Driver).

Our HS220 dimmer belongs to the Incandescent/Halogen (forward phase control), based on TRIAC, so bulbs manufactured to support that should work.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 415

Replies: 1

Related Articles