C4000 randomly disconnects

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-15 01:44:40
Model: Archer C4000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.1

I purchased a C4000 a little more than a year ago to replace a dying Netgear router (it's now an extender)

We started having connectivity issues about 6 months ago and I relocated it tithe center of the house, high up. Worked well until recently.

Now I'm having to reboot the router at least twice a day (not including the auto reboot at 4am)

Sure I probably have an above average load, but that should just make it slow. Smartphone devices will not connect, Alexa is yelling at me, Roku will not connect...

Is it a lost cause and I should just buy something other.than TP-Link?

(I'm an above average user, so don't be afraid to give me real technical support)

E

Options
2 Reply
Re:C4000 randomly disconnects
2021-07-17 12:47:13

@swanem 

Some things to check.

• Check the modem for error codes about the time of the failure
  • Check the router for error codes if it has logs.
  • is the router running hot? Is there a lot of space for heat to dissipate?
  • How is the power to the router?
    • For example do you have any flickering or dimming lights in your home?
    • Any heavy draws during the time of the failure? (shop tools, A/C, Oven,...)
    • Brownouts?
    • Check the voltage going to the router
  • Is the router on an UPS? if so how is the battery?
  • Try replacing the Ethernet cable between the router and modem. Ensure good connections to each.
  • Try reducing the load (number of devices) for a bit of time
  • Are you using the USB ports? If so try without those devices as a test
  • Disconnect each Ethernet port device one at a time and see if one of those devices is causing an issue.
Options
Re:C4000 randomly disconnects
2021-07-17 13:25:14
Thanks. I'll check those logs if the wife unit let's me before rebooting. Never even though of that.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 660

Replies: 2

Related Articles