KP303 stop connecting to wifi network overnight

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-28 16:51:35
Model: KP303  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, my KP303 plug was working fine for a while and it suddenly stop connecting to the wifi. I have tried resetting the device to no avail. It currently can only be set-up locally via my phone but fail to connect to my wifi. I did not make any changes to my wifi network setup and my wifi is still working at moment. Not sure why this happened but it seems like I am not the only one.

Options
1 Reply
Re:KP303 stop connecting to wifi network overnight
2021-07-29 08:07:02 - last edited 2021-07-29 08:09:37

@yiukeithy Hello, 

From the cloud it seems that your KP303 is back online. Here are some suggestions if still the same issue.

Confirm Kasa app and firmware of kasa device are both up to date 

Please go to Device Settings page, and see if there is any option called ' remote control' if yes, please turn it ON. 

Change router's DNS to 8.8.8.8/ 8.8.4.4

Turn off or lower Modem/ router Firewall settings temporarily
Check if there is any Advanced settings on router like access control/ parental control settings 

Try a factory reset on KP303 and reconnect to WiFi :

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2648/

Please take a screenshot of the set up failed, may I know the model of your router and your network topology? What is the model of your phone and its IOS/Android version? 

Can you share the MAC address with us by private message? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 485

Replies: 1

Related Articles