Huge Oversight/Bug on Kasa iPad app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-20 04:32:40
Model: Kasa  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

How the hell did your QA team not catch this bug? 

In the iPad OS Kasa app, when you launch the app, you are able to fully navigate around the app in landscape mode. Great. But, when you go into the camera view and then select a camera to view live in full screen, the app locks you into that screen. There is no back button, you just have to rotate the ipad. Why am I complaining about such a small oversight? because many ipad users keep their ipads in a keyboard case. So, in order to use this app, which is otherwise pretty good for a hardware manufacturer, I have to remove my ipad from its case, unplug it, rotate it, then place it back after I leave that view. It ruins a great experience. 

The cherry on top? Kasa (probably) inadvertantly did not opt-out for the app to to be offered on the app store to M1 Mac users. So, what could have been an amazing win, the ability to have a Kasa desktop app for mac M1 users with literally no changes needed is ruined by this lack of a back button. I installed the app on my m1 mac, and was over joyed at how great it ran, and was so happy i could work at my desk while also monitoring my cameras, all from my mac mini. But alas, when I go into live view on one of the cameras, its great, EXCEPT that I cannot leave that window, but now, unlike the ipad, I cannot rotate my mac. Boom, runined. When I quit the app, it just opens back on the same window, so it is essentially bricked. 

Please, please add a back button to live view on ipad and larger screen versions of the Kasa app. I beg of you. It would literally make your product so great. Please. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Huge Oversight/Bug on Kasa iPad app
2021-08-23 03:14:21

@Macmaster28  Hello, 

Thank you for your valuable feedback, it sounds like a good idea to add a ' Back ' feature on Live view page in the Kasa app. 

May I know the model of your iPad and its IOS version? We will forward your feedback to a related department for further evaluation. Thanks

Options