Remote Control with 6 buttons for Kasa Power Strip HS300

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-21 12:43:05
Model: HS300  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Product request:

* A standaone remote control for HS300

** Remote has 1 button per outlet you want to control (NO menus, no navigation, just simple 1:1 mapping between remote buttons and the power strip like you see in older "NON-IOT wireless outlet remotes")

** remote uses simplest wireless technology that supports pairing (BT zigbee whatever, just not wifi... think of how the Lutron lighting switch remotes pair and work)

Generic Use case: 

* Consumer actively manages power on the HS300, but does not want or need to build their own custom remote device which uses your API. That's a lot of work for a customer.

* The point behind the 1:1 remote button simplicity and allow the customer to do something custom without ever touching the power strip itself..

My Use Case:

Specifically, I am managing a rack full of devices in a 12U server rack.

Right now, in order for me to access your on/off buttons, I have to position your power strip OUTSIDE the server rack. The HS300 is really nice, and far cheaper than a $300 networked 1U PDU. 

((I could accomplish what I want using those older, non-Kasa radio-based power outlet remotes, but those are becoming harder to find now and I would be crowding in outlet dongles which is not ideal))

Options
1 Reply
Re:Remote Control with 6 buttons for Kasa Power Strip HS300
2021-08-24 22:59:45

@Scootz 

We don't have anything like this in the pipeline but what you could do is use the Kasa app's grouping feature.  You can then link all 6 switches to a single button on the man screen of the Kasa app.  To do a grouping press the "+" > Tap group > tap on the products and finally give the group a name. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 977

Replies: 1

Related Articles