ARCHER AX1500 - No Phone Port - Is there a phone adaptor or converter?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-30 10:08:11 - last edited 2021-08-31 21:25:04
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could please help - I have NBN / HFC (Hybrid Fibre Coaxial) and bought the Archer AX1500 today. Turns out it doesn't have a phone port to connect my home phone into, is there a way to resolve this so I can use my home phone? Current setup is NBN Black Box to AX1500. I tried looking around but couldn't find a clear answer, most leads me to a Laptop USB to Ethernet converter

Thanks for your time & help.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:ARCHER AX1500 - No Phone Port - Is there a phone adaptor or converter?-Solution
2021-08-31 12:59:41 - last edited 2021-08-31 21:25:04

@flunchie 

TP Link does have modems that support phone service such as TD-VG3631. This one is for DSL connection.

Depending on the service you have, some VoIP systems connect using Ethernet such as Ooma. I have had an Ooma system for many years, I have the Ooma box and attach my own phone system to it and I am not using their handsets as I did not need them with my existing phone system.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:ARCHER AX1500 - No Phone Port - Is there a phone adaptor or converter?
2021-08-30 19:17:56

@flunchie 

I really can't give you a direct answer, but from my experience only MODEM's have a splitout from the ISP's signal to an Internet and phone plug.

There are modem/router combo's that can do that I guess as well voice.

I'm not even sure TP-Link makes any of these?

Wouldn't the Black Box be supplying the phone connection?

Options
Re:ARCHER AX1500 - No Phone Port - Is there a phone adaptor or converter?-Solution
2021-08-31 12:59:41 - last edited 2021-08-31 21:25:04

@flunchie 

TP Link does have modems that support phone service such as TD-VG3631. This one is for DSL connection.

Depending on the service you have, some VoIP systems connect using Ethernet such as Ooma. I have had an Ooma system for many years, I have the Ooma box and attach my own phone system to it and I am not using their handsets as I did not need them with my existing phone system.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:ARCHER AX1500 - No Phone Port - Is there a phone adaptor or converter?
2021-08-31 21:24:27

Thanks for your help, ArcherC8 and IrvSp! Yeah, looked around more on google too and you both are right, need to use ISP's device to connect to phone line (rj11). I decided to redirect all home phone calls to my mobile to resolve this.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1165

Replies: 3

Related Articles