Failure Does not stay link to Amazon Alexa Only work one time then have to relink,

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Failure Does not stay link to Amazon Alexa Only work one time then have to relink,

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-04 23:29:22
Model: Kasa  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

TP-link Kasa Plug HS103V5 or HS103P4 Smart Home WiFi mini 

This is total failure

Work with Google,  but NOT with Alexa.

Works with Alexa one time and then i have to relink with TP-link Kasa every time after one use.

Works ok with Google, every time, like it should, but not with Alexa.

how do i solve this problem?

Thanks your help

Options
1 Reply
Re:Failure Does not stay link to Amazon Alexa Only work one time then have to relink,
2021-09-07 06:05:42

@tomisintouch Hello, 

Thank you for your feedback, may I know how often do you need to relink plug in Alexa app? What is the Error message when Alexa could not control kasa? 

When that happens, please make sure KASA device can be remotely controlled :  If turn off Wi-Fi on your cell phone and use mobile data only, can you turn On/ Off KASA devices on KASA app at that moment.

Ensure Kasa app and Kasa device firmware are both up to date .Also make sure Alexa app is up to date as well, if this still happens,
please help confirm information below to locate the issue 
1) Please send us a photo of the Error message or how Alexa responds when you try to control HS103: 
2)Kasa APP &Alexa app version: 
Model & Android or IOS version of cell phone:

3) Do you have any other smart device that work with Alexa, it is also to contact Amazon support and see if they have could see any problem on their side. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 447

Replies: 1