Connecting New Device to Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-13 00:19:25
Model: KL125  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'm trying to connect 2 new smart bulbs but no matter what I do I cannot get them to connect to the wifi network. I've reset the bulbs multiple times and every time after I enter my wifi password, the light will blink 3 times and then say it cannot connect to the network. I don't know what to do to get it to connect so that I can actually use the smart features. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Connecting New Device to Network
2021-09-15 05:42:13

@JPR17  Hello, 

If the set up failed, please examine the wifi password first as below:  
Go to Settings-> WiFi on your phone, Tap (or Long press  the router's WiFi name  ->Forget / Delete the network -> Reconnect to router wifi and it will ask for a password, will it accept your router password?

Make sure Kasa App version is up to date 
Check if main router' security type is WPA3-only, if so, please change router's wireless security type to WPA/WPA2-PSK
Use numbers and letters only in router's wireless password (without special characters ) if possible
Try a different phone to set up Kasa device

If still failed, may I know the model of your router and a photo of the Error message,thank you. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 433

Replies: 1

Related Articles