Filesystem format for microSD card in Kasa Spot cam?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-14 02:41:39 - last edited 2021-10-22 07:51:05
Model: KC410S  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.3.7

If I insert a microSD card (of greater than 32GB capacity) into the KC400 Kasa Spot Cam and format the card in-camera, what filesystem format is used?

If I eject the card from the camera and attempt to mount it on my computer, the computer says it can't read it. If I use system tools to attempt to examine the card, it reports as being exFAT, but the computer nevertheless can't read it. However, if I use the "Disk Drill" recovery utility, all the files on the card are recoverable. What's going on? Why doesn't the card mount normally like any other exFAT volume?

If I use the SD Association's official SD Card formatting utility to format the card in my computer (as exFAT), and then insert it into the camera, the camera claims it can't use the card, and insists on reformatting it all over again. Why?

_ _ _

P.S.: The model number "KC400" is oddly unavailable in the "Model" pop-up menu above.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Filesystem format for microSD card in Kasa Spot cam?-Solution
2021-10-18 06:49:40 - last edited 2021-10-22 07:51:05

Hello, @jdmc  Kasa APP will format the SD into FAT32, this should be the reason why that computer could not read it directly and requires another formatting. 

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Filesystem format for microSD card in Kasa Spot cam?-Solution
2021-10-18 06:49:40 - last edited 2021-10-22 07:51:05

Hello, @jdmc  Kasa APP will format the SD into FAT32, this should be the reason why that computer could not read it directly and requires another formatting. 

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2116

Replies: 1