Lack of customer empathy regarding features and color options for HS200 and HS210

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Lack of customer empathy regarding features and color options for HS200 and HS210

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-26 03:12:36

I've been waiting for different color options for switches like the HS200 and HS210. Like many others, I have non-white switches throughout my home and I'm not going to upgrade them all to white so everything matches.I've been patiently waiting for light almond or ivory colors to be included or available, and patience is running out. It's probably a $1 part that could be sole as interchangeable faceplate for $5. It doesn't have to be sold everywhere, just make them available via one store online at least. Maybe a third party could offer a kit to swap out the guts of the switch into a new housing of a different color or something. 

I'm also waiting on ability to turn off the LEDs for these switches due to a number of complaints in this forum. This very feature seems to be supported via third party software but not within Kasa? Seriously? If the hardware is already engineered to support turning the LEDs off, why has it taken the software side of Kasa over a year to implement a toggle for it?

It is truly disappointing that TP-Link seemingly has no interest in offering color options, or software features that third parties have been able to support.  If TP-Link doesn't introduce these features soon, I'm going to switch to a competitor that does, perhaps Legrand or Levitron, and that makes me sad.

Come on TP-Link. I'm not sure what you're working on, but your customers are asking for these things and they seem like low hanging fruit to be able to provide. Please.

--James

Options
1 Reply
Re:Lack of customer empathy regarding features and color options for HS200 and HS210
2021-10-27 19:14:27

@samej71 

In the interim, no we won't be making any such modifications to our product line.   White was chosen as it is the most used color for switches in the U.S..  While we understand that there are customers or potential customers who do not have white switches they still are far less in number than those who do.  As TP-Link does not partner with 3rd parties and are one of the few manufactures who does their own manufacturing there is also no potential for a 3rd party vendor to produce chassises in different colors.  The main consideration of this is likely overall cost.  If we are to produce such items it would have to be in bulk and our retail partners would have to agree to stock them.  One of the reasons for this is that TP-Link's retailer partners maintain their own inventory, so it isn't like we would store the items and ship as ordered, so retail would need to show that a particular version of a product is wanted and that they will stock them.  I don't see that happening anytime soon but we are always expanding product lines and offering new and unique products so I can't say it won't ever happen, just that at this time its not likely. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 5

Views: 646

Replies: 1