Kasa KL130 Smart Bulb Rapidly Blinks Red on First Power Up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-27 20:55:19
Model: KL130  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Just purchased a 4 pack of Kasa KL130 bulbs. When I put them in my overhead ceiling fan light and go through the process on the app all they do is rapidly blink red. Trying to reset them does not work. Putting them in another light allows me to set them up, but if I put them back in my ceiling light they start to rapidly blink red again. 

Any tips would be appreciated, I can't seem to find anyone with the same issue.. 

Options
8 Reply
Re:Kasa KL130 Smart Bulb Rapidly Blinks Red on First Power Up
2021-10-28 01:35:37 - last edited 2021-10-28 01:38:01

Hello @yeedee 

This sounds pretty unusual can you take a video showing the bulb flashing red?  You may share via Google Drive.

If KL130s work in another light fixture, and probably some interference in the ceiling fan base,  do other ordinary bulb works fine in that ceiling fan base? Does the fan still work with bulb screwed on, if leave just one KL130 on that base, is it the same and happen to all KL130s? Thanks

Options
2021-10-29 15:56:51

@Solla-topee 

Thank you for the reply. 

Other bulbs work fine in the ceiling fan. The fan still works with the smart bulbs in. It happens if I have one bulb in, or all 3. I will take a video and reply soon. 

Options
2021-10-29 16:06:13

@Solla-topee 

Here is the video https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FouE1qQtH7eyq8EUupii7ucqtlh1eo68/view?usp=sharing

The bulb in this video has been setup and works in another lamp. The same thing happens with all 3 bulbs in the lamp. 

The fan and the light are on 2 different wall switches. 

Options
2021-11-01 02:50:59 - last edited 2021-11-01 02:58:39

Hello @yeedee 

Thank you very much for the video, from the video KL130 stays off in the ceiling fan base, may I double confirm could KL130 be  turned on/ off when manually flip the switch,   does the bulb flash red when reset the bulb? If possible, may I know the model of your ceiling fan does it have any requirement for the bulb?  e.g  incandescent or led with certain power consumption; What is the bulb in the ceiling fan base, is there any dimming function in that switch?  I will check with our team about your case, while so far it looks some incapability with smart bulb and your ceiling fan base, thus we recommend using the smart bulb with other light fixture.

Anyone who has more idea about the smart bulb and ceiling fan , welcome to leave your insights below. Thank you. 

Options
2021-11-21 03:13:08

@yeedee 

Seeing same issue with 4 new bulbs plugged into dimmer switch with hard on/off.

Flashing red after some came up without blinking. Cannot reset with power cycling.

Options
2021-11-26 03:54:17 - last edited 2021-11-26 05:43:46

Hello @foghoud 

Smart bulb itself has its own way of dimming, we do not recommend using it with a dimmer/ dimmer switch or it may cause some trouble. 

Please check out details here: Q9:  Will Smart Bulbs work with a dimmer?

Common questions about the TP-Link smart bulb product series

Options
2021-12-27 00:11:15

@yeedee I have the exact same problem. It's not even in a fan fixture. Just on my ceiling. I was able to take it down and put it on a lamp and it works just fine. But when I put it on the ceiling to doesn't work. The ceiling one has dimmers but I didn't press anything with the dimmer. The problem is my Sengled and Philips bulbs work just fine. It's just Kasa that doesn't work.

Options
2022-01-30 00:57:00
Has anyone resolved this issue? I am having the same problem. The bulb is fine on all sockets except a new outdoor light. The new outdoor socket works just fine with LED and incandescent bulbs. It doesn’t work fine with this smart bulb, though. It just flashes red continuously. I’m going to check the socket with my multimeter to see if I have a wiring issue, but before I did that I wanted to see if anyone has found a resolution. Thanks!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1860

Replies: 8

Related Articles