Smart Plug Stopped Working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-03 23:26:22

I have two HS105 Smart Plugs. One of them stopped responding. I deleted it and tried to re-add the device, but it says I have no internet connection on an unsecured network. I am puzzled since the other one still works fine. The plug is more than several years old and may have just died. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Smart Plug Stopped Working
2021-11-04 08:32:00 - last edited 2021-11-04 08:32:18

Hello, @Riprapper 

Please manually connect to TPLINK _ Smart XXX SSID when the app guides to connect to smart device's Wi-Fi, and go back to the app, or device could not be found by app.  (the smart device defalt SSID has no Internet and will disappear after device installed successfully) 

iOS: Go to the Settings -> WiFi-> manually connect to the Smart Device's  default SSID.
Android:  if app says unable to connect smart xx Wi-Fi; go to the Wi-Fi Settings, manually connect to smart device's default SSID then go back to app. 

Please also turn off VPN settings on your phone during set up.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 394

Replies: 1

Related Articles