KASA and Alexa keep unlinking

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-04 19:55:20 - last edited 2021-11-04 19:57:04
Model: KL125  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.6

Hello!

Starting late last week whenever I use Alexa to turn on or off the light bulbs they end up unlinking from the Kasa App. I discovered I can go back into the Kasa app and link them again and they will work only one time. Then I receive a message on the Alexa app that the device is unresponsive. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? I have had these bulbs for a while and never had any problem.

Thank You!

Options
2 Reply
Re:KASA and Alexa keep unlinking
2021-11-05 02:28:52 - last edited 2021-11-05 09:07:43

Hello @Coronas 

Thank you for your feedback, please try to relink your Kasa devices in Alexa app as the guide here: 

How to use Kasa Cam with Amazon Alexa

For unlink, do you mean Alexa will ask to enable kasa skill at that time?  Can you help provide some details here to help exclude the issue, thank you

• Can you control the device locally (same network) from the Kasa app
  • Can you control the device remotely (LTE or different network) from the Kasa App
  • Any error message you receive from Alexa app, please share a photo
  • What Alexa did say to a voice command
  • More exact  time point when issue happens : e.g. 9:06AM,  ' Alexa, turn on bedroom lamp' , Alexa says ' ...

Also confirm Kasa and Alexa app are both up to date. 

Options
Re:KASA and Alexa keep unlinking
2021-11-05 16:37:13
Thank you for the response. I found the problem. I was logging into a different Kasa account when linking the Alexa app. It is weird because it allows you to control the device one time, then it unlinks even though the account is not associated with that device. Something maybe your Dev team needs to know about.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 540

Replies: 2