Kasa Smart app update bricked my spot cams

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-10 21:26:21 - last edited 2021-11-10 21:36:27

I foolishly updated the Kasa Smart app on my iPad and my smartphone yesterday.  Prior to me updating, everything worked seamlessly.  Since the update, neither one of my spot cams work anymore.  I have many tp link cameras, from the outdoor cams with the hub and the cloud based cameras, which run on a different app.  These all work perfectly.  I have extremely crucial things to monitor and now can't.  

This so called update literally bricked both my spot cameras.  The app on my new iPad either doesn't load or crashes.  The app on my Motorola G7 (less than 3 years old) clocks and clocks.   If I am able to briefly connect the cams, it doesn't last long.   I have attempted to reconnect them at least 20 times, did restarts, uninstall and reinstall of apps, cleared cache, reset gateway, blah blah..you get it.  I work in the tech field so am extremely capable.  On the few times that I can limp through part of the in app setup,  I get an app notification that have no internet...,.which I do!  Download speeds are almost 400mbs!  I have changed nothing, merely updated an app, which is no bueno.

Please patch or at least roll back to the way it was on November 7, 2021!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Kasa Smart app update bricked my spot cams
2021-11-11 00:56:58 - last edited 2021-11-11 01:07:31

Hello@Marataya thank you for your valuable feedback.

The App update is the update for Kasa application on the phone, and should not affect the connection of camera itself.

If APP gave the no Internet error, you could try to use Mobile data, or a different network and see if that helps. 

If APP does not load or crash,can you help confirm details and I will check with team:

1. Model of the ipad and its IOS version: 

Andriod version of the phone:

Kasa APP version (settings-About):

2. If possible, can you provide a short clip showing how app performs on the G7 phone you may share via Google drive, thank you. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 483

Replies: 1