EP10 Smart plug loses wifi connection daily

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-13 21:13:26
Model: TL-EP110  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.2

Note that I am using Model EP10 plugs which aren't listed in the available model list on this form.

I have 10 EP10 plugs that lose wifi connection daily. Initially I thought it was related to my used of Pihole for DNS. Created a separate 2.4GHz network with google DNS. All connected plugs still lose connection daily (other devices on the same network work without issue). I can get them to reconnect by restarting my wireless access point. Any suggestions as to how to troubleshot this?

Options
1 Reply
Re:EP10 Smart plug loses wifi connection daily
2021-11-23 12:23:38

Hello@jrgarrett 

Sorry for the delayed reply, for kasa unstable issue, you could try some troubleshooting suggestion below, Case1

What should I do if I cannot control my Kasa device?

1. Make sure the kasa device is receiving good Wi-Fi signal:
Kasa app-> Device Settings-> tap router Wi-Fi symbol->  signal strength (value of the dBm)
(-40dBm- 70dBm is good to average, less than -70dBm is relatively poor : relocate smart devices or router closer to each other)
2. Please confirm kasa device firmware and kasa APP version are up-to-date 
3. Ensure smart device is connected to main router directly, not through AP or extenders
4. Turn off Advanced wireless settings like Wi-Fi Optimizing (Channel Optimizing)/ Band steering( Smart Connect )/ Mesh feature etc

If the concern persist, can you help confirm some information to locate the issue: 
1. The Router model:  
Does smart device connect to router directly or through extender nodes in a mesh system? 
2. How about the LED on smart device when issue occurs,
The  frequency of the issue:
3. Can you control the kasa device locally (when phone connected to home Wi-Fi) when the issue happens? 
4. MAC address of the kasa device (please share via private message)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 439

Replies: 1