HS110 Energy Monitoring Not Working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-22 15:40:45
Model: HS110  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.6

My HS110 power reading stays at 0, all other feature works fine. It is already out of the warranty period. Just wonder if anyone had similar problems and if there is a DIY fix?

Options
3 Reply
Re:HS110 Energy Monitoring Not Working
2021-11-30 14:11:42

Hello @DavidWw 

Sorry for the delayed reply.  May I have a photo of the power consumption page, what home appliance and its wattage connected to this plug. 
You could try some tips here for energy monitoring issue: 
1. factory reset plug : with plug powered on, press ' settings' (looks like a gear) for more than 5 secs ( skip this step if you have tried factory reset )
2. try a different wall socket
3. confirm  plug's firmware is  up-to-date  (kasa app -> settings-> firmware update) and also Kasa app is up to date 
If still the same problem, please check my private message and  install a debug tool and share  the log file of the smart plug , thank you.

Options
2021-12-07 11:07:13

Hello @DavidWw 
Thank you for helping collect device log, from the log it could be defective unit, I will create a support email to check device warranty, please check inbox later,thank you

• May I know the model of your chest freezer connected to plug, and its wattage/ Horse power as well.  

Some home appliance has a 'instantaneous peak power ' as the mentioned in FAQ -Q13  What kind of power appliance can be powered on by TP-Link Smart plug?

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1390/

You may also check if device has a peak power that exceeds the horse power that plug could handle. 

Options
2021-12-07 14:49:20

@Solla-topee 

Thank you for looking into this. The appliance is a Hisense 7 cu ft chest freezer from Lowes ( Model #LC70D6EWD).  I remember when the energy meter was working properly the running wattage was around 150 Watts. The user manual does not specify the starting wattage of the compressor, I guess it could be the cause of failure. The HS110 is already out of the 2 year warranty period. I was just curious about how it failed.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 366

Replies: 3

Related Articles