3 way works manually but off from app does not work and on acts like a toggle

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-22 22:30:11
Model: HS210  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

When I use the switch manually it works great both from the existing switch and the new smart switch.  When I use the app or echo dot I can turn it on regardless of the positoion of the other switch, so it works as expected.  However when I try to turn it off from the application the icon changes but the light does not turn off.  When I click to turn it on again from the app it turns off.  When I use the echo dot the off command does nothing and the on command acts as a toggle. Do I have a deffective switch? Is the app setup wrong?

Options
1 Reply
Re:3 way works manually but off from app does not work and on acts like a toggle
2021-11-23 18:49:17

@Tom_in_Austin 

Hi Tom,  so when you installed the HS210 did you replace both switches or just one?  If you replaced just one we would want to confirm if the HS210 is on the Line or Load side.  If its on the load side (like mine is) then you need to keep the manual/existing switch set to the "On" position.  This is because for the HS210 to work properly it needs to have a constant flow of power to the wireless module.  This sounds like what might be the cause.  

I would also open the Kasa app and click on the 3-bars at the top left to bring up the Kasa app's side menu.  Then tap on Settings and then Frimware update to make sure the HS210 is fully updated. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 415

Replies: 1