TP-Link Kasa Disappears from Google Home

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-30 02:54:44 - last edited 2021-11-30 04:07:01
Model: RE370K  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.10

I have 7 TP-link Kasa devices (2 Bulbs, 3 plugs, 2 RE370K smart range extenders) in my home and over the last 2 weeks, the TP-Link Kasa service has disappeared from the list of "Linked Services" and because of this, ALL of my Kasa Devices have been automatically removed from the google home app.  All of my other services such as hamony, Honeywell, Tuya, etc... have remained linked in my Home control section of my Google Home.  I have actually been in the Google Home app on two different Google Pixel Devices (Pixel 3 & Pixel 4) and watched all kasa devices disappear in front of my own eyes while other times, I wake up the next morning or get home from work and they are gone..  the most recent event occurred today at exactly 5pm.   I changed my PW for my kasa account a few days ago in case that was the issue and I Can re-add the TPLink service back into google home but it stays sometimes for seconds, sometimes for hours, and other times for several days but over the last 2 weeks, it has disappeared 4-5 times without any input on my end.

I have contacted Google support and their position is that it is an issue with TP-Link's connection to google/API as none of my other services disappear from the google home app.

(Update)

After more testing, it seems that the entire Kasa Linked Service disappears when either of my RE370K devices is triggered (I tested through google home as well as through the Kasa App and physical button).

My Testing:

I add the Kasa App to My Google Home, it stays in the google home app unless one of the smart plugs built into either of the two the RE370K is triggered (on/Off - doesn't matter which). In the below testing, I have re-setup the kasa linked service within google home before every step.

• If I trigger the "computer desk light" (lamp plugged into RE370K #1) to turn on using my voice through google home, the light turns on, and the KASA linked service disappears in google home.
  • If I trigger the same lamp to turn on/off using the KASA Android App, the light turn on/off as expected and the KASA linked service disappears again.
  • If I trigger the Lamp to turn on using the Physical Power button on the RE370K, the light turns on and the KASA Linked Service Disappears again.
  • The Exact Same thing happens if I attempt to turn on/off the "air conditioner" (RE370K #2). The Linked Kasa Service disappears no matter if I'm using the Google Home, the KASA App or the Physical Button.
  • Summary: ANY Time the smart Plug on the RE370K is triggered, it wipes out the KASA Service from Google Home. This is evident in the fact that I have a 5pm schedule for my Computer Desk lamp to turn off (end of business day for me when working from home) and at 5pm today, the kasa service disappeared at exactly 5pm.

Other Testing:

• If I turn on lights using the HS105 (FW 1.5.6) or either of my smart bulbs using any of the following: the kasa app, the google home, or the physical Button... everything works as expected. This is the same with my 2 KL50 bulbs (both on FW 1.1.13)

Both RE370K are Hardware Version 1.0.0

Firmware version 1.1.10 (there are no other options)

Everything has worked perfectly fine up until several weeks ago (to the best of my knowledge). I used this setup all during the pandemic while working remotely with no issues.

My evaluation: Something with TP-Link's Service causes an issue with google home any time the RE370K turns on/off. To me it seems like a bug in code somewhere that.... When sending a status change from TP-Link to Google to update the Status of the RE370K within Google Home, it wipes out the KASA Linked Service instead of just updating the on/off status.

Options
3 Reply
Re:TP-Link Kasa Disappears from Google Home
2021-12-01 01:31:16 - last edited 2021-12-01 01:42:05

Hello @Specboy Thank you very much for providing the details and perform tests.   This the issue requires some further test and I will escalate your case to the seniors through email please check your inbox. Feel free to let us know how it goes, thank you 

Options
2021-12-07 19:55:23

@Specboy same thing here. I believe has to do with the latest update to the app. As soon as I got the update, it no longer works with Google. Now its more like "Does not work with Google" 

Options
2022-01-07 06:25:38

@Li7  @Specboy

Hello everyone, 

Really appreciated for your continued feedback.

The concern of ' Kasa devices disappearing from Google Home  when work with RE207K ' has been fixed from cloud around Dec28,2021.

So this should be sorted out, thank you for your time with troubleshooting!

Feel free to let us know if there is any additional feedback. 

Options