KP105 will not Connect to Wireless Access Point

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-05 12:24:12

Hi.

KP105 connects to wifi router no problem but will not connect to wireless AP network. App continously searches for plug but will not find it. Phone wifi settings shows plug connected to wifi but no Internet. Uding Edimax N300 wifi extender set it as access point.

This smart plug is no use to me if I can 't use if wifi access point where my routers wifi range does not cover.

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:KP105 will not Connect to Wireless Access Point
2021-12-06 01:10:15

Hello@Simondo 

We have an instruction here that might help to troubleshoot, please give it a try: 

What should I do if I fail to configure the Tapo Smart Plug?

If APP does not find smart device , please follow APP instructions to set up the smart device:

1. when app guides to connect to Tapo_ XX SSID (smart  device default SSID is an open Wi-Fi without Internet access, it will be gone after smart device successfully connected to router's Wi-Fi): 

iOS: Go to the Settings page, click on the Wi-Fi  to connect to the Smart device’s Wi-Fi manually, then go back to app to continue set up
Android: Android phone will look for smart device automatically, if not or could not find  device,  manually connect to Smart device's Wi-Fi, go back to APP and continue set up.

2. Turn off VPN

3. Try a different phone

If the same concern persists,may I know at which step the set up failed, can I have a photo of the error on the app, thank you. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 417

Replies: 1

Related Articles