Alexa lost connection to all Kasa Devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-07 20:50:58

I can control my devices just fine through the KASA App - but all of my Alexa routines are down, and Alexa cannot connect to Kasa with verbal commands.

Then I noticed it also cannot connect to other non-Kasa devices, such as my Ring or my Nest.

Based on some searching and the Alexa subreddit, I think Amazon AWS is down or under a DDOS attack today or something.

I do not think this is an issue with Kasa - Just wanted to post this here in case other people are Googling the same issue right now and finding their way to this forum. 

I wouldn't recommend disabling your skills or taking any drastic actions on your configuration, I think all we can do is wait for Amazon to get their services back online.

Alexa Errors Below:

Echo Show device shows:

Headline: SMARTHOMERAFFETREQUEST

Message: It looks like I can't reach your Office Lights right now, maybe because of a TP-LINK Kasa issue.  We've let them know there's a problem

Alexa speakers just repeat the statement: "It looks like I can't reach your Office Lights right now, maybe because of a TP-LINK Kasa issue.  We've let them know there's a problem"

Options
1 Reply
Re:Alexa lost connection to all Kasa Devices
2021-12-08 09:08:00 - last edited 2021-12-08 09:13:30

Hello @nearlysober 

Thank you for your valuable feedback. It is confirmed that the recent incident was caused by an Amazon Server outage on Dec,7. Please check thread below for more details: 

[ Announcement ] Kasa Devices Affected by Amazon Servers Outage on Dec 7, 2021

Thank you. 

Options