3 Way Dimmable Light Switch Replacement

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-09 21:55:15
Model: HS210  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 3.8

I have a 3 way switch configuration with a dimmer at one location and on/off switch at the other location. The on/off switch looks like it's perfectly compatible with the HS210 with there being a common and neutral wire along with two travelers wires.

Here is a picture of the on/off switch:

The other switch location is a dimmable switch an older one with another dimmable switch next to it BUT the other one is not a 3 way switch because it only works from one location. It is a dimmer for our kitchen chandalier.

Here is a picture of the double switches with the switch on the far right being the switch that works with the other on/off switch.

Will the HS210 work in this configuration if I do not replace the other location dimmer switch right now?

NOTE: I'd like to replace the dimmer with an HS230 but just not this week.

Options
1 Reply
Re:3 Way Dimmable Light Switch Replacement
2021-12-10 00:46:11

@BK75 

No the HS210 will only work in a regular 3-way environment.  For a 3-way Dimmer look for the KS230 Kit.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 350

Replies: 1

Related Articles