Away mode with one click?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-11 16:40:02
Model: AC500  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have set up away schedules for a bunch of switches and plugs, but the only way to activate them seems to be to go in and out of each device, each taking half a dozen clicks. Surely there must be some way to turn on away mode outside of the devices themselves. I've tried groups, scenes, so far nothing. Am I missing something? Ideally it would also be possible through Google Home.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Away mode with one click?
2021-12-14 01:24:23

Hello @LeeEMiller 

May I know how do you set the 'away schedules' for kasa switch or plug? 

If you wish to turn all devices at a scheduled time, you could try Smart Action-> Schedule a Scene 

How to use the Schedule A Scene feature in Kasa app?

Hope that helps!

Options
2021-12-14 01:35:16

@Solla-topee I'm not looking for a schedule. I am using the random sequence of the away mode, but it is infuriating to have to enable (and disable) away mode on all the lights individually. Why not just set it all up, then turn away mode on and off with a single click?

Options
2021-12-14 02:06:07

Hey @LeeEMiller 

I'm afraid kasa app does not have this feature to turn on / off Away for a group of devices with one tap. 

As away mode turn on/ off smart device at random time, you may try to schedule a scene as the workaround, like schedule a time to turn/ off device and repeated from Sun-Mon when you are not at home.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 320

Replies: 3