HS110 is connected but can't be controlled by Google or Alexa or the Kasa Android app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

HS110 is connected but can't be controlled by Google or Alexa or the Kasa Android app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-13 13:24:32
Model: HS110  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

It has become increasingly unreliable lately.  It appears to be connected to WiFi (the indicator is solid green) but nothing can control it and the Kasa app can't reach it.  It says "Device Unreachable" and that it may be powered off (it's not) or out of range (it's not).  I've reconnected it twice today, and whilst the plug's lights indicate that all is well (it starts off being orange/green and then, once connected to my network, is solid green) nothing can reach it.  I've got other smart plugs (not TP Link) that are working fine.  Is there a way to completely reset the plug?

(I couldn't complete the firmware version because, of course, I can't connect to the plug.  The hardware version is, I assume, V1 because it says on the back of the plug "Ver: 1.0".)

Options
2 Reply
Re:HS110 is connected but can't be controlled by Google or Alexa or the Kasa Android app
2021-12-14 01:16:59

Hello @Ipsrich 

If smart plug has a solid Green led, but Kasa app can't reach the device, please refer to guide here for some troubleshooting: 

1. Please connect  phone to home Wi-Fi, under local network, can you control smart device? 

2. You may connect kasa plug to a mobile Hotspot WiFi, and see if there is any firmware update after setup. Later reset it and connect plug to Home router. 

3. Try to change router DNS  to 8.8.8.8 , if there is any Error message, please refer to FAQ for more suggestions:  

Why can’t I enable Remote Control on the Kasa APP?

If still the same, may I know the model of router,does smart plug connect to router directly or through extender? 

Options
Re:HS110 is connected but can't be controlled by Google or Alexa or the Kasa Android app
2021-12-15 06:46:21

@Solla-topee Thanks for all the suggestions! smiley  I plugged it in again to suggest what you tried, and this time the app could see it!  Nothing else had changed - it was still solid green, still on the same network.  If it happens again, I'll try some of your suggestions.  I know now at least that the firmware is definitely up to date.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 347

Replies: 2