Can't Access HS-105 Smart Plug Away from Home

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-27 18:34:59 - last edited 2021-12-27 18:36:03
Model: HS105  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.6

I can only access the HS-105 locally at home, turn on and off. But when i'm remote from my home, I can't access the Smart Plug through my iPhone. There is no way i can find to turn on remote access. What I'm I doing wrong?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can't Access HS-105 Smart Plug Away from Home
2021-12-30 08:19:29 - last edited 2021-12-30 08:27:31

Hello @gary47 

May I know has the plug  been working fine before ?  If it worked fine before,  please try a factory reset on smart plug and  install it from beginning. 

How to reset TP-Link Kasa smart switch and plug?

If it's a new plug:  Please try some suggestions in guide here: 

1. Why can’t I enable Remote Control on the Kasa APP?

2. Change router DNS to 8.8.8.8, save and reboot router

3. Check if router has any advanced settings like Mac filtering, access control, parental control etc. 

4. Try a different Mobile Service/ non-local Wi-Fi network like café' Wi-Fi, office Wi-Fi . to isolate if it is with certain SIM ISP/ certain network

5. Confirm Kasa app and firmware of kasa device are both up to date 

Can I know the model of router, the network topology; e.,g. ISP XX- router model <Wi-Fi> kasa plug; did you try a different WIFI/ mobile data? Thank you

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 410

Replies: 1