KP115 Cannot Connect To Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-31 21:16:22 - last edited 2021-12-31 21:27:41

Unable setup KP115 Smart Plug using iphone 11 iOS 15.1

Downloaded Kasa Smart from App Store and followed instructions and the plug will not sync.

Kasa app has Local Network on. (I have turned on prior to connecting the plug and then tried turning it off and then on when prompted - no chnage)

Tried plug in several locations

Restarted modem, router etc 3x no change.

Plug blinks blue and orange but fails each time.

I have held the side button (5 seconds) on the plug for a hard reset and tried again with no luck.

Failure results in a list of things to try. No VPN. I have tried them all and no chnage. 

Ranger Rick

Options
1 Reply
Re:KP115 Cannot Connect To Network
2022-01-02 15:12:12

i "think" the issue is that the plug only communicates at 2.4ghz. The smartphone is setup on 5ghz side of my wifi network. Allowing "local network" in the setup is allowing the plug to connect on the 5ghz side which it wont because it can only work communicate at 2.4ghz.

i had an issue with different brand plug and it too would not connect. However, the setup of the plug allowed the end user to use a different wifi connection vs the default of the cell phone. When i set the plug to connect on the 2.4ghz it worked without issue.

this doesnt appear possible with the Kasa app.

RR

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 618

Replies: 1

Related Articles