KP115 Energy consumption GRAPH

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-09 13:57:24
Model: KP115  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Putting this out to the community. I have submitted feedback directly to Kasa and I'm wondering what the feedback is from the community?

Right now, when you load the "Energy Consumption" window, it only shows the current point-in-time energy usage: literally how much energy is going through the KP115 at THIS EXACT POINT IN TIME and how much it's used cumulatively. Basically it just shows a couple numbers. What it DOES NOT SHOW is an actual GRAPH of energy usage. That would be HUGE and it's pretty frustrating to not see a graph. I'd like to know how often my devices run and how much they consume over time: surges, spikes, drops, etc. A graph would give me the information that I actually wanted when I bought this device.

Current State: Energy Usage is shown by current/Daily power and Total Consumption. 

Proposed Feature 1: Show users a graph of consumption. Giving us the ability to see WHEN and HOW MUCH power in a graph is huge. For example, I have my KP115 monitoring power usage on my sump pump. Without a graph, I don't know actual startup power or how often the sump pump is operating. Without that knowledge, I can't design a better solution.

Proposed Feature 2: Allow users to export data in csv format for analysis. This would be great for classrooms and people doing research. Just give us the data!

Options
11 Reply
Re:KP115 Energy consumption GRAPH
2022-08-09 18:35:52

Hey  @Semmelroth,

Thanks for the Feedback; I have added this as a needed feature for the Kasa app as I can see how beneficial this could be for our users. I could see this being useful for knowing when ice machines or coffee makers are being used and how much they use throughout the day.

I will let you know and update this thread if we hear back from the teams about this request. For now, it is possible to use third-party integrations to track and record the information you need. Many different developers have used our API to develop solutions that would allow you to access this information for your devices.

Options
2022-09-21 10:00:20

@Semmelroth 

The Enery chart can be available on some third-party apps, check thread here.

Options
2023-01-03 23:59:40

@Semmelroth That link only discusses iPhone/iPad, MacOS, so no helpful to us Windows/Android users. Are there any other options?

Options
2023-03-16 18:03:05

@Riley_S 

is there any update having a graph or log output being implemented into the app?  This infirmation would be critical in my situation and is preventing mefrom buying any more plugs until this feature is implemented.  i am currently having trouble finding and manufacturer that provides this for snart energy monitoring plugs. 

fyi, i also use Govee smart devices.  They offer a temp / humidity sensor.  Their app shows a graph that can be adjustedto show by minute, hour, day week or month.  You also have the ability to have the log info emailed to you in .csv format which is also useful.  

thanks in advance

Options
2023-03-16 19:08:37

@CajunTigers,

I know that there are a few upcoming updates planned for our smart home platforms, but the contents and added features of these updates remain unknown to our teams as they may still be a few months out. I would imagine that new features such as this could be added to the app at this point. I will be able to provide more details, as we learn more about the future updates to the Kasa app.

Thank you for providing an example of the features that you would like to see in the feature. I will take a look and forward the recommendation. I can say that I do know that the teams have been working to develop some similar features, as I have seen mention that data exports were a potential addition to platforms.

Options
2023-04-17 03:05:55

@CajunTigers 

Check out Home Assistant homeassistant.io

There is a tp-link integration that can be setup via the GUI. I have multiple KP115 and am able to add them to Home Assistant. It allows you to not only control them and poll/graph/export the data for each plug and/or aggregate, but you can also run automations based on their state, current data values etc.

You might want to check it out and see if yours are supported.

Options
2023-05-01 19:30:25

@CajunTigers,

Kasa's newest KP125M smart plugs support energy monitoring, including graphs: https://community.tp-link.com/us/smart-home/forum/topic/605728

I've picked up a four-pack; they seem to work well, and include export capabilities. 

Options
2023-05-01 19:45:13

@JCH2103,

Thanks for the positive feedback on the feature. It is also worth mentioning that the energy monitoring features of the KP125M may be available to some other energy monitoring devices in the future via a firmware update. It is not often/quick that we see feature updates delivered via a firmware update to a device rather than the app, so it may take a while for the number of supported devices to grow.

Feel Free Also to Post any Recommendations that you may have for the feature or for the device on the thread that you posted above

Options
2023-05-01 20:42:04
Is support being added to the tp-link integration for the new Matter enabled smart plugs (e.g., KP125M)? And, more specifically, for energy monitoring for the KP125M?
Options
2023-07-07 19:11:54

It would be great to have this feature on the EP25 series, I just bought a pack of four, thinking that I would be able to monitor by way of a graph, but was disappointed to see that it only shows current plus aggregate for a week and a month. TP-Link please add this feature to the EP25. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 12

Views: 2641

Replies: 11