HS103 plug "can not connect to the server" when attempts to enable Remote Control

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

HS103 plug "can not connect to the server" when attempts to enable Remote Control

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-04 02:05:46
Model: HS103  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.3

I have 3 HS103 plus with hardware version 5.0 and firmware version 1.0.3.

They used to be able to work with google home and alexa. One day they suddenly got disconnected and show as "local only".

I attempt to toggle on the "Remote Control",but error shows "can not connect to the server".

However i also have a HS103 with hardware version 2.1 and firmware version 1.1.4 that works perfectly. It doesn't even have the option to toggle "Remote Control"

959b3d99aa90418281641d15e890674b

Options
1 Reply
Re:HS103 plug "can not connect to the server" when attempts to enable Remote Control
2022-01-07 06:29:30

Hello @valkyrias 

We have an instruction that should be able to help :

Why can’t I enable Remote Control on the Kasa APP?

- change router DNS to 8.8.8.8 save the settings and reboot router

- check if router firewall blocked any tplinkcloud related domain

-  check whether the router has set up "blacklist", "access control" and other similar functions to restrict Kasa devices from accessing the network. 

You may factory reset one of the plug and set it up again on Kasa app and see if fix the issue. 

How to reset TP-Link Kasa smart switch and plug?

If still the same, may I know the model of router, do you have router + extender, does plug connect to router directly? 

Please share the device Mac or TPLINK ID by private message. 

Can you share

Options