ES20M Motion Sensor Dimmer time out

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-09 22:30:09 - last edited 2022-01-11 03:31:22

One of my dimmer is a ES20M. There are no adjustments that I can for how long the light will stay on when motion is detected. Please advise.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:ES20M Motion Sensor Dimmer time out-Solution
2022-01-10 01:16:21 - last edited 2022-01-11 03:31:22

Hello @TPVader2000 

Do you mean ES20M time out or unreachable on Kasa APP or do you mean smart control does not work as it should?

How To Configure the Motion Sensor Feature on the KS220M Smart Switch

For ' There are no adjustments that I can for how long the light will stay on when motion is detected.' can you explain for this. 

May I have photos of smart control settings, and how did you find it does not work, thank you. 

Can you manually control the ES20M/ KS220M manually properly? 

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:ES20M Motion Sensor Dimmer time out-Solution
2022-01-10 01:16:21 - last edited 2022-01-11 03:31:22

Hello @TPVader2000 

Do you mean ES20M time out or unreachable on Kasa APP or do you mean smart control does not work as it should?

How To Configure the Motion Sensor Feature on the KS220M Smart Switch

For ' There are no adjustments that I can for how long the light will stay on when motion is detected.' can you explain for this. 

May I have photos of smart control settings, and how did you find it does not work, thank you. 

Can you manually control the ES20M/ KS220M manually properly? 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:ES20M Motion Sensor Dimmer time out
2022-01-10 01:23:23 - last edited 2022-01-10 01:29:50

@Solla-topee In other words, when the light comes on after sensing motion it stays on for a predefined amount of time then shuts off. There does not seems to be a way to control that predefined amount of time. I find my self walking back after about 30 seconds waving my hands to get it to turn back on. Also would be nice to have an option to over ride the motion sensing temporarily. Say like hold the switch for 3-5 seconds or double tap to stay on continuously until the light is turn off manually and then it goes back to motion sense.

Ok found the time out setting under the rules. This does help but still would like the ability to over ride the motion sensing temporarily. Say like hold the switch for 3-5 seconds or double tap to stay on continuously until the light is turn off manually and then it goes back to motion sense.ver ride the motion sensing temporarily. Say like hold the switch for 3-5 seconds or double tap to stay on continuously until the light is turn off manually and then it goes back to motion sense.

Options
2022-01-11 03:30:24

Hello @TPVader2000 

Current smart control rule is that,  after smart control is triggered, smart control rule will be deactivated until the switch is turned off, that means if switch / light is ON, smart control will not be triggered the second time during the time period. 

can I know the purpose of 'ability to over ride the motion sensing temporarily.' does this help with your second request?

Options
2022-03-18 11:57:01
No, this has nothing to do with the Kasa app. I am only talking about the switch. There should be an option to override the timeout temporarily. Motion occurring in the room may not be visible to the sensor such as odd shaped rooms (e.g. L shaped).
Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 2028

Replies: 4

Related Articles